We are Australia’s leading publisher of Australian Indigenous studies and we are part of the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS). AIATSIS is a research institute that houses the world’s most comprehensive collection of books, moving images, sound recordings and photographs relating to Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Request to inspect a copy
Tertiary educators may request an inspection copy of any of our titles for possible use as a text or inclusion in a reading list. Alternatively, you can purchase a copy of new titles within 90 days of release via our online shop at 25% discount off the RRP. To receive information about new releases, including Research publications, sign up for our newsletter. Please submit a request if you would like to request an inspection copy.
Teachers’ notes and free resources
We have prepared free teachers’ notes for school teachers for the following titles and/or themes:
- Australia. A thematic study or integrated unit spanning a range of key learning areas, including History stage 5, Aboriginal studies stages 5 & 6 and Visual arts stage 5.
- Cleared Out & Contact. Preliminary English HSC NSW stage 6.
- Dialogue About Land Justice. Aboriginal studies HSC stage 6, Legal studies HSC stage 6.
- Aboriginal Sydney. English, History and Aboriginal studies NSW stage 5.
- Back on the Block. Standard English NSW stage 5 and History and Aboriginal studies syllabus. Could be adapted to ESL syllabus
- Bangu the Flying Fox. Literacy stage 1, Human society and its environment stage 1, Science stage 1, Visual arts stage 1, Personal development stage 1.
- Bittangabee Tribe. Indigenous trading and trade routes, Aboriginal lifestyle pre-colonisation, Bush tucker, Traditional language and boundary divisions, Indigenous seasons.
- Murray River Country. Geography stage 5.
- Palm Island. Modern history part I (case study) or part II (historical investigation), Preliminary HSC stage 6, Preliminary Aboriginal studies part II (heritage and identity), History HSIE stage 5, Aboriginal studies stage 5, English stage 5.
- Understanding Aboriginal experience through English. English stage 5.
- Singing the Coast. English and Aboriginal studies NSW stage 5.
- The 1967 Referendum. SOSE, HSIE, History, Australian studies.
- Theme: Aboriginal Identity (Legends, Country of the heart, Auntie Rita). English Years 9 to 10 Australian curriculum.
- Theme: Crossing boundaries. Australian Curriculum English: Stage 5 (Year 10).
- Theme: Indigenous Australians and Sport, Legends: The AFL Team of the Century Our Stories Our Survival. English syllabus Year 10 stage 5, History stage 5 and Visual arts stage 5, Australian Curriculum.
- Theme: Life stories. English Australian curriculum stage 5.
- Theme: Rights and freedoms, Indigenous Voices. History depth study Year 10 Australian curriculum.
- Theme: Transcending place and time through music: Torres Strait Islander ethnomusicology. English syllabus stage 5, Music Year 9 stage 5.
The Little Red Yellow Black website
The Little Red Yellow Black website complements our best-selling The Little Red Yellow Black book. The website includes free downloads of educational resources for secondary and tertiary students.
To purchase ASP titles view our list of school suppliers around the country who stock our books.
To purchase ASP titles view the selected bookshops around the country who stock our books.