Australian Aboriginal Studies is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal promoting high-quality research in Australian Indigenous studies, with a focus on the humanities and social sciences. It is published for a wide audience in both print and digital form, and visual content is encouraged.
The journal acts as a forum for dialogue about the key themes in the disciplines involved with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research. It is networked to multiple universities and research centres, and includes practical research with policy relevance.
Each issue contains several scholarly articles, accompanied by research reports and book reviews. All major articles are peer-reviewed and copyedited for publication. Australian Aboriginal Studies is abstracted in the following databases: AIATSIS Indigenous Studies Bibliography, Informit APAFT (Australian Public Affairs Full Text) database and Indigenous Collection, EBSCO Academic Search Complete and Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre and ProQuest.
Australian Aboriginal Studies is also comprehensively indexed with full text in the Informit APAFT database and Indigenous Collection, EBSCO Academic Search Complete and Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre databases and ProQuest.
Editorial Advisory Board
The Editorial Advisory Board of Australian Aboriginal Studies includes eminent international and national scholars in a range of disciplines.
The Australian Aboriginal Studies journal editorial advisory board ensures that each issue of the journal meets the inter-disciplinary, peer-reviewed standard expected by its subscribers.
The current editorial board consists of:
- Prof Fred Myers, NY University, USA
- Dr Melinda Hinkson, ANU
- Prof Robert Layton, University of Durham, UK
- Dr Anthea-Jo Taylor, Edith Cowan University
- Professor Howard Morphy, ANU
- Toni Bauman, AIATSIS
- Dr Patrick Sullivan, University of Notre Dame Australia
- Dr Lorraine Gibson, Macquarie University
- Professor Tim Rowse, UWS
- Dr Barbara Glowczewski, CNRS, France
- Professor John Taylor, ANU
- Associate Professor Pat Dudgeon, UWA
- Dr Yin Paradies, University of Melbourne
- Jeanie Bell, Batchelor Institute for Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Professor Martin Nakata, UNSW
- Dr Gaye Sculthorpe, the British Museum
- Professor John Maynard, University of Newcastle
- Professor Lynette Russell, Monash University
- Professor Mick Dodson, ANU
- Professor Colleen Hayward, Edith Cowan University
- Dr Graeme Ward, ANU
- Professor Francoise Dussart, University of Connecticut, USA
- Professor Lester Irabinna Rigney, Flinders University