Nominations can be made from 20 February 2017 and must be in writing on the Council prescribed nomination certificate.
Nomination certificates must reach the Australian Election Company by no later than 5:00pm AESDT, Monday 13 March, 2017.
Step 1 – complete the nomination
Complete a 2017 Council Elections Nomination Certificate. Don’t forget to have a member second your nomination.
Intending candidates may also choose to submit a 2017 Council Elections Candidate Statement along with a photograph.
- Please do not exceed 200 words.
- Your photo is required to be submitted in JPEG format.
- To ensure accuracy of your information, it is strongly recommended that you submit the Candidate Statement in an electronic format (Microsoft Word) to the Returning Officer.
Where can I get nomination certificates and forms?
- All 2017 Council Election documentation was emailed or posted to you.
- The documents are also available from AIATSIS Council election 2017 (bottom of page).
- You can also request the documents from Australian Election Company by telephoning 1800 224 420.
Step 2 – lodge the nomination
Lodge the completed documents by no later than 5:00pm AESDT, Monday 13 March, 2017.
Nominees may lodge their forms from one of the methods below:
- Email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (07) 5428 1355
- Post to PO Box 3056, Caboolture QLD 4510.
- By hand to Unit 10, 18-20 Cessna Drive, Caboolture, QLD, 4510
If a ballot is necessary, voting will be conducted primarily using Internet Voting. An Instruction sheet and password advice will be emailed to the email address listed with AIATSIS. However, for those members who do not have an email address registered with AIATSIS, postal voting will be made available.
Note that information on the 2017 Council Elections Candidate Statement will be available to all members.