The following resources are available in the AIATSIS Library.
- Aborigines Advancement League (Victoria), Victims or Victors: The Story of the Aborigines Advancement League , South Yarra, Vic, Hyland House, 1985
- Attwood, Bain, Rights for Aborigines, Crows Nest, N.S.W. : Allen & Unwin, 2003
- Attwood, Bain, and Markus, Andrew, The struggle for Aboriginal rights: a documentary history, NSW, Allen and Unwin, 1999
- Attwood, Bain and Marcus, Andrew, Thinking Black: William Cooper and Australian Aborigines' League, Canberra, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, 2004
- Broome, Richard, Aboriginal Victorians: a history since 1800, Crows Nest, N.S.W. : Allen & Unwin, 2005.
- Clark, Mavis Thopre, The boy from Cumeroogunga, Sydney : Hodder & Stoughton, 1979
- Cooper, William, Blood from a stone : William Cooper and the Australian Aborigines League / edited, with an introduction by Andrew Markus, Clayton, Vic.:Monash Publications in History , 1986 1986 Wing
- Gammage, Bill and Spearitt,Peter, eds, Australians 1938, Sydney, Farfax, Syme and Weldon Associates, 1987
- Horner, Jack, Bill Ferguson : fighter for Aboriginal freedom / a biography by Jack Horner, Dickson, A.C.T.:Jack Horner , 1994
- Horner, Jack, Vote Ferguson for Aboriginal freedom, Australian and New Zealand Book Co. 1974
- Heiss, Anita, ed., Life in Gadigal country, Marrickville, N.S.W. : Gadigal Information Service Aboriginal Corporation, 2002.
- Heiss, Anita, Who am I? : The diary of Mary Talence: Sydney, 1937, Sydney, Scholastic Australia, 2001.
Manuscripts in AIATSIS Library
- MS 1515 Gribble, E.R.B. (Ernest Richard Bulmer), 1869-1957, Collected papers, 1892-1970. Finding aid
- MS 2022 Horner, Jack, Aboriginal social and political affairs of 1938, especially the Day of Mourning meeting, January 1938 and the Prime Ministers deputation
- MS 4112 Horner, Jack, Jack Horner's research notebooks on the life and times of Bill Ferguson. Finding aid
- Patten, J.T. and Ferguson, W., Aborigines claim citizen rights! : a statement of the case for the Aborigines Progressive Association, Sydney : The Publicist , 1938
- Aborigines meet, mourn while white-man nation celebrates, Man Magazine, March 1938, p. 84-85
- Aborigines petition the King – 1937, Churinga, Vol. 1, no. 12 May 1970, p. 27- 35
- Horner, Jack and Langton, Marcia, The Day of Mourning, p. 28-35, in Bill Gammage and Peter Spearitt (eds), Australians 1938, Fairfax, Syme and Weldon, Broadway, 1987
- Markus, Andrew, William Cooper and the 1937 petition to the King, in ‘Aboriginal history’ Vol. 7 no. 1. 1983 p. 46-60
- Patten, Jack, Our ten points, in ‘The Australian Abo Call’, No. 1, April 1938, p. 1 (Digitised by AIATSIS Library, pdf 1029kb)
- Our Historic Day of Mourning and Protest: Aborigines Conference, held at Australian Hall, 26th January. 1938: Report of Proceedings, in ‘The Australian Abo Call’, No. 1 April 1938, p. 2 (Digitised by AIATSIS Library, pdf 392kb)
- MF 311, Papers, 1936-1942 [microform] : re Aborigines Citizenship Committee and Aborigines Progressive Association, together with records of The Publicist Publishing Co. / Percy Reginald Stephensen.
- MFE 143, Aborigines, general : 1924-1972 [newspaper clippings from Herald and Weekly Times Ltd.], Aborigines, general : 1924-1972 [newspaper clippings from Herald and Weekly Times Ltd.]